Friday, November 25, 2011

MY VIRTUE




My Virtue


By the virtue of my mind
I realize I’m not your kind
I stay all still and calm
My character you cannot fawn

I’ll stay in the shadows
Hidden from the fearsome crowd
People around me start to swarm
I lock my room in the dorm

I eat silently as they chatter
What they speak did never matter
I’m not damaged in any way
It’s your thoughts which are Fay

Deep down, I know I’m really happy
You may perceive that my life is crappy
I’ll smile when I’m all alone
I have no more sins to atone

The beauty of my actions is not known
Because no one knows me in this town
I’ll stay wherever I want to
My heart always guides my lonely self

Your hurtful words have scarred me deep
I fear of what to decide on when to speak
I’ve lost all the confidence in myself
My answers are all made in haste and distress

I’m about to join a job I may despise
In search of friends who’ll help me revise
What am I to do in such a strange place?
Can I ever compete in this rat race?


No comments: