Sunday, November 13, 2011

THE CHASE





The Chase


 I walk past some corners
I walk past some bars
You look so angry
You look for me there

You come to me running
You’re flushed with anger
You’ve come to get me
You’ve come so far

I stay past the fountain
You know that now
It’s past my midnight
I wait in the bar

You look so delicious
You look so smart
Why are you angry?
What’s up with that?

You’ve known me for so long
Our friendship a bit more strong
My glands have run dry
No more metabolisms

Your face is so scary
You’re no longer a delight
You search past the waiter
You search for me there

I’m hiding in no place
You cannot find
I know you’ll come there
And I’ll make for the door

You’ll try to catch me
In a similar lousy fair
The clouds start to meltdown
It’s a huge downpour

Why can’t you leave me?
Why can’t I stay?
Why can’t you play me?
Like the other day?

We walk past the banners
We walk past some bars
I make for the station
But you wait for me there

Death is descending
Along the running stairs
I stand there to confirm
I can see you there






1 comment:

Chetan Gurikar said...

Stanza3: what does 'It's past MY midnight imply?

It was really foolish of me, i should have guessed the theme behind it.

Only a line in the 4th Stanza seems to give it away, i.e 'You've known me....... Settles all the things for me. I overlooked that, & imagined that the persons own shadow was behind all this.

Well concealed!! Or let me put it delicately, i overlooked :):)

DEATH comes as THE END, eh??