Monday, November 21, 2011

MADGRASS MADRAS


Madgrass Madras



Humanitarian on the prowl
Central eastern railway patrol
My business finished, I waited famished
In this crowded station, awaiting eastern deportation

Sweat poured out of every orifice
I wasn’t even in an office
Rain is no relief
Except for being a misbelief

Yet this land is so lovely
Its people are ever smiling
The autos won’t cheat you
Its crowded buses will seat you

Roads wider than a mother’s heart
Food so good, don’t know where to start
Im engaged in peaceful railway station relaxation
I sure would love to call this my own nation

My older friend sits by my side
He sulks as a widowed bride
Maybe it is true
Beauty lies only in eyes of the behold




2 comments:

saty said...

Roads wider than the mother's heart ?
that's not a good analogy
Roads as wide as mother's heart would have sounded more better ..!!

i not intend to find flaws but just it came across my mind

Chetan Gurikar said...

Loved it!! As it was Penned on demand:)