Saturday, December 24, 2011

THE TRAVELLING BARD


The Travelling Bard


I’m an ancient traveler
I’ve travelled far and long
Distant dreams, I’ve had
Of my music’s day

How many songs I’ve sung
I can’t start to count now
How many cheerful faces
I could quite easily tell

I am a travelling bard
I’ve sung songs on courage
I’ve sung of devotion
Stopping only for a night’s rest

I wake up to cheerful smiles
Of people who walk by
The tree by which I slumber
I’m a pathetic fool

I laugh at all my losses
I play for similar fools
I eat raw berries and roots
I drink fresh water too

Every year grows old
And so do I
But I’m never tired
After a good day’s work

I’m paid wages in smiles
I live on holy mother earth
Home is wherever I stay
I teach those who call my name

I’m a happy soul
I’ve got no reason to lie
I’m always happy
When life’s this simple to live

I walked all night and day
I rest only when company
Does come along my way
It’s truthful to say

I talk of peace wherever I go
True to my word it does snow
Every season I conjure
With my music’s play

1 comment:

milind said...

brother ..your poems are written very weell... very few people have the power to attract reader in every line by the help pf expressions ... you are one among them.......... and your expressions
in this poem in mind blowing......your my fav,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,