Tuesday, December 6, 2011

GRIZZLY MAN




Grizzly Man


 I sat on a park bench, sweaty reeked of stench
Away from the frolicking crowd, who shout aloud
Steamed up over something absurd, I sat murred
Nothing in particular for that, I didn’t know what

A grizzly man came by the bench, of similar stench
Walked by me a few times and more, I saw gore
He stopped before me, now I could clearly see
Asked if he could join the bench, his fists clenched

Mad at him, I said bluntly, rather abruptly
Man, there are others, we’re not brothers
Please sir, I’m feeling blue, and I have no clue
I need company to get through, it’s true

He told me a tale at random, stuffed with wisdom
Beard fluttered as he led on with them, feelings stem
Told me the story of his monotonous life; his lovely wife
How sad he was, his life had no vice, yet it wasn’t nice

I patted him on the shoulder, said brother don’t bother
As he broke into a constant tear, I inched near, no fear
Said he could go back to his life,his wife, it was all rife
Life is something dear, you must stay by near

Gladly he smiled at me, a comrade I was to be
His teeth showed, a beautiful yellow and red
Stains of recently chewed pan, on his suburban tan
Shone his greasy nose, as he nodded at me and rose

He stopped to say something, which was my becoming
Said I was of a rare breed, I stuck faithfully to my creed
I showed great kindness, despite my own swollen grief
This was heaven to him and me, this gave us relief

Stranger, I am truly shaken, my bad mood broken
This disturbing figure of a man, you are god’s plan
Life is not as hard as it seems to be, friendship is glee
Get your own experience, if you don’t just believe in me

No comments: