Sunday, December 11, 2011

BROKEN




Broken



It’s time for me to wake up
I’ve been asleep for far too long
My legs are still not moving
I stayed awake, just waiting

It’s been many hours since then
My legs no longer feel so numb
My vision is clear and dull
My body awaiting upheaval

I try lifting myself on my arms
My back creaks and breaks
I fall back to where I was
Now I’ve to wait a few more hours

The delay in my movement is gone
I can move quite freely now
But now, I fear trying again
‘Cause I might fall somewhere else

Dejected and given up, I laid in bed
Awaiting the unholy angel of death
Hunger choked on my moral soul
It said wake up, go for a stroll

With great power I overcame it
Now I laid still in wait for it
My heart cried out from below
It had gone soft and mellow

I tried closing my eyes
Depriving myself of blatant sights
My heart finally now, understood
That death was absolutely good

Now my mind started rationalizing
It said that life was really worth living
Now that I was all fit and fine
I should wake up, and thank the divine

I shunned my mind from anymore thought
It had done a deed, which was not sought
It slumped down into its own crevasses
It tried overcoming me within closed spaces

A lonely fly sought to live some more
Its wing was hurt and gone sore
It tried to fly past the fireplace
But nature decided to turn its race

I lay still there awaiting
It suddenly stuck on me
I was alive, I could move
I must leave this place now

I said, it’s time for me to wake up
I’ve been asleep for far too long
My legs had stopped moving
I sat there awake, just waiting

The light in the room dulled down
The fire place quenched, and dropped down
Cold darkness blew on my tired face
Now I knew, I myself had made my life abase

No comments: