Monday, December 19, 2011

PLAIN AND SIMPLE





Plain And Simple


It’s too late now
For us to do over
What you’ve done
Cannot be changed

When it was noon
I searched for a moon
That glows all day
She was on her way

I waited for it to set
The dusk would surely tell
My mind meddled with me
Said I could never see

But lo! I saw you come
Your radiance lights up a path
From a long distance I could tell
That the light was all just you

You have come to deliver
 Me and my rotten soul
It has been plunged upon
By many a stranger’s spear

You are my towering conscience
You are my tangled road
My faith in you is always paid
A several hundred fold

You don’t blurt out excuses
You know I care for none
I’m just happy to see you here
I close that dark door

In times of peril you come to me
You display courage and entropy
You too can be destroyed
But that will never come to be

Your heart is your weakness
And I’m the cause for it
You care too much to tell
But I can plainly see

Across realms of mountains
Across the mighty oceans
In an island on the pacific
That’s where I want to be

You fear that I’ll leave
You fear dying from it
But my ways are my own
That’s where I stand today

So now I’ve waited for you
For hours and hours more
Now that I can see you come
bacio me il mio amore

Now I must tell
What I’ve decided
I won’t stand around
To see you cry

My journey has just begun
You already are my prize
But I refuse to accept you
My life filled with my dues

Your face is pale
Your glow not so bold
Your lips seem so dry
I can see that you’ve cried

My lips start to stammer
What could I ever say?
I had a speech prepared
It was lost along the way

This moment may somehow pass
I just have to react very fast
If I stay to pity for you now
My life will sink down low

Sorry baby, I must take leave
Don’t cry, it not very you
We are separated by boundaries
Which are quite intangible

You and I
No matter how perfect
We can never be
I can’t seem to see

I will go now, forever
You must let me leave
I won’t return, ever
As you can plainly see

No comments: