Saturday, December 17, 2011

THE BUM




The Bum
 I’m a bum
I have no one
Not literally
But just miss someone

I was once a happy and a free man
I had a lot of respect for myself
I attended several classes
Learnt sciences necessary to survive

Lady, why did you ever see me
All I wanted was to secretly gaze
I found out, even you wanted to do the same
What you ever saw in me, I can’t understand

I was wounded by my own passion
I slithered back to the grave
I laid in wait for you to leave
Many a generation passed me by

I came back, only to find you,
Waiting for me as you always do
Your hair covered your pale face
It seemed like you were in tears

Please don’t cry, my fair maiden
I was just scared that you’ll leave me
My heart just wasn’t ready to see
It couldn't bear see you desert me

You are so very perfect
Your skin all so vibrant
I touch you by mistake
My heart sinks back to the grave

Your eyes are always in search of me
Even when I’m hidden, where you can’t see
You restlessly try to search for me
Before you finally compromise

I can’t stand to see you dejected
But I’m no good for you
I’m just a stupid, stupid chump
My longing for you yet starts to trump

I stand by in the shadows
Awaiting your arrival
Your fragrance intimates me
Of your lovely presence

I inch closer to where you stand
You are surrounded by your friends
You always talk of someone else
I laugh at all your silly ways

You are so pure, I can’t bear
How can I ever provide for you?
When I finally get through to you
Please let me stay only for a while

I’ll stare as you smile
You may avoid my glance
But I’ll never miss yours
Take care

No comments: