Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES




Dire Circumstances


 What would you give up?
To save someone you love?
What if what you did made no difference?
Would you still do it?
Will it give you satisfaction if any?
Don’t take too long to answer sonny.

You stick the blade in my back
Just as I turn around
How could you do this?
We were friends, two minutes ago
Did something change just now?
Or did some seed of vengeance since long grow?

I stand corrected, as you’ve directed
Man is a complex being
Our thoughts and actions never did match
Some other factor makes us act on instinct
It makes me do, things I’d never do
I can claim to be innocent, it’s just not true

Conflicting actions in everyman’s doing
Say something and do something else
What is in the heart is never disclosed
Right from the very start
What would make someone choose this?
How could anyone know this?

Dissented, disgruntled, annoyed but alive
At that moment life won’t matter
Lashing out is all they do
But when it comes to your physical presence
You run and take cover like a little Polly girl
While all around you, things start to swirl

I went down the rabbit hole, saw the mole
We drilled all night, so couldn’t run the poll
All stood in dismay, the vultures all play
We were too depressed to stay
I tried speaking to them of this situation
My words however had no stimulation

It still haunts me on some vary night
I could’ve set all things right
She had feelings I couldn’t comprehend
I was just frustrated at this dead end
What would you give up,
For someone you love?




No comments: