Tuesday, October 25, 2011

HARVEST TIME




Harvest Time
[Dedicated to Terrence Malick]


Days of heaven
I’ve spent on earth
I’ll tell you what
You can listen from the start

I walk by fields ripe and ready
They brush against me and pull me in
I can’t help but smile at,
The Nature’s beauty bestowed upon me

There was a huge canvas tent at the centre
Where the busybody harvesters lived
Their beady eyes follow me as I walk
I reply their nods with one of my own

Feasts for the almighty are offered everyday
No sacrifice by day or night was ever made
Peaceful people lived on my land
Just here to gather the crop and disappear

There was this spring that I recall
Kids used to hide and watch
As the fair maiden took their long bath
This amused them a lot

The herdsmen let the cattle graze
They chattered on something that barely mattered
Nothing here ever went wrong
Yet they stood guard all day long

No worry never woke me from my slumber
No thieving grunt was of concern
There was harmony all day all the way
Children played, donkeys brayed, as I strolled

I lived in a mansion unlike the rest
The sun starts to rest as the night invades
I sat on the verandah and gazed
The Brilliant colours of the sunset blazed

With all work done, the land left looking bald
The workers were packing to be back the next fall
I was busy counting crop, while they dispersed
I too did the very same, on my bright blue biplane.

1 comment:

Chetan Gurikar said...

Is the character in this article,the owner who owns the fields.?

'Coz he keeps counting the crop, after it was completely harvested..

The exit in a Blue Bi-plane that sounds rich!!

The Scenario is beautifully described and it sounded really picturesque.

Btw i googled Terrence Malick, He's a Director/Producer/Writer/Actor.

Anyway nice one buddy:)