Monday, October 31, 2011

BETRAYAL




BETRAYAL


 Corrupted by sleaze
All he can think of is my niece
My friend who’s no longer a friend
Has chosen his path, can’t pretend

Warned him all his life
Yet he jumps back on the knife
Knows the ending is painful
His actions still disdainful

I know he’s my friend
Shared life’s best moments together
Sadly this is all I can take
Our friendship must break

His fault or mine
I really don’t know
All that I do is… this is it!
Far too long have I been in the back seat

Another woman between friends
This happens to be a common trend
He fell for her luminous flux
All this really, just sucks

Why does love generate so much hatred?
Why does love only come between friends?
This thing’s over, I’ve got to quit
Go to the corner and pretend to sit

I’ve stood up so many times for you
Been punched in the chest
Just to get your back
It’s just common courtesy you lack

You’ve known me so long
How could you do this?
Tell me what symptoms did I miss?
What had gone so amiss?

1 comment:

Chetan Gurikar said...

This really has become a common trend now a days. Woman between friend's like a tart.

It speaks of a Friend who doesn't give a damn about his friend when a woman enters his life.

Warned him all his life..... tells us that how concerned & well wishing is the other friend about him. He ultimately reached the point where he couldn't take it any longer, he breaks apart. Its sad, though!



The lines just before the concluding stanza are punch lines.. Loved 'em.


Gr8 lines!