Friday, February 17, 2012

WHOLESOME MAN




Wholesome Man


All my vested interests
Have been for today
This season of joy
I shall not be coy

Hang all the drapes
Moved around furniture
Went to the church
I skipped my lunch

I’ve forgiven all my assailants
I’ve given up baseless violence
I’m ready for this day
No one shall say nay

I’ve called up friends
Far and near
Invited them to my place
Days pass by in a haze

I’ve raised my fallen heart
Back for the pit, from which it was
I’ve brushed aside all my bruises
To get ready for this cruise

Like in a dream, I do feel
Some enchanted spell is on me
I’ve woken up ten years younger
As happy as I could be

This morning ever so cold
The sun smiles at me very bold
Every role that nature plays
Has been entwined in my ways

I can’t describe this feeling
Of joy that I have today
I’ve shouted and cried all summer
The winter all my tears have dried

For the first time at home
With family, not all alone
Life is a giver, a provider
It gave me both and similar

No comments: