Monday, February 20, 2012

BEWILDERED MAN




Bewildered Man


How do you make friends?
How do you keep up with trends?
I may be very slow
But I sure can make it out, you know

Everyone around you
Sneaks closer to you
You try and evade
But primal feelings prevail

Surrounded by so many
Yet you remain so alone
I can see the loneliness in your eyes
When they come to meet mine

I feel all the more sorry
But you act like you don’t care
So I try and act the same
We are both to be blamed

You see the shame in my eyes
My smiles are all just lies
The only moment of truth
Is when your eyes meet mine

Fine, I’ll keep away
I won’t come your way
But you can’t keep away
You find me at my very stay

I look up to find you there
You start to stare, that I can’t bear
I can’t understand you
The very nature of you, is it true?

I’ll stay away just the very same
To protect myself this day
This cat and mouse game
Has started to turn me insane

No comments: