Saturday, February 18, 2012

GUILTY CONSCIENCE




Guilty Conscience


I kept on thinking
Of what I had done
I was still the same
But surely I am insane

My eyeballs started squirming
Days went past me in a hazy daze
I stayed on top of all my problems
But the pain wouldn’t go away

The shadows kept on screaming
The killer stalked his unwary prey
I bled all over the pavement
Blaming my hysterical ways

Tearful music played in my heart
It sounded all so sane
I crawled to the killer’s feet
Thrust the knife in his leg

He called out the Lord’s name
He felt so, so betrayed
I dug even deeper
He cried out louder in pain

I plunged it into his black heart next
Thick goo fell all over me
He fell dead beside me
I too did the same

The day of judgments’ coming
Who am I to blame?
Did I kill someone?
Or was I killed the same?

My soul lies there, waiting
In its final resting place
The maggots have started eating
My mangy putrid face


No comments: